If you're a woman, read this blog.

If you're a woman, read this blog. If you're married to a woman, read this blog. If you need a good laugh (especially if you're a woman) read this blog, which regards a mixture of my own personal drama, my adventures within the kitchen, and my love for photography.

Sunday, December 26, 2010

Open.

So I'm starting this blog at a critical moment in my life: trying to get pregnant.  This is a massive subject in itself, but for a little bit of background, let me introduce myself.  I am a 22 year old wife, married 6 months thus far, to a 22 year old husband.  We live in a tiny studio, working full-time, part-time, whatever type of time the world will offer us, in order to support our simple appetites, our adventurous hearts, and our 6 month old yellow labrador, Indy (if only her appetite was as simple as our own).

As for myself, I am a very cool woman.  Not to brag, or toot my own horn, but quite literally, I am very cool.  Hardly ever do I lose my temper, or even get anywhere near a little irritated.  Or, to be more honest, I get upset just as much as a normal human being (however conditional that statement may be), but I am very very good at controlling my passions.  I know that every relationship is so much more important than any little thing that can go on within that relationship.  For instance, when my husband allowed milk to spoil in my favorite thermos, I knew at that peak moment of a potential temper tantrum, that our happiness, and more importantly, his feelings, were so much more important than that little (and totally awesome) thermos.

This is the exact reason why I am starting this blog.  Because with the decision having been made to get pregnant, the decision was also made to stop birth control.  I love this pill, and can attribute the coolness of my demeanor, and the smoothness of my skin to it's wondrous power.  The decision to commit ourselves to a child for the next 18 years (at least) was the easiest decision ever, next to the decision to stop the pill.  So, saying Goodbye to my beautiful skin, my relaxed frame of mind, and my beautifully short and painless periods, the decision was made.  And here I am, to keep record, and hopefully get a laugh out of this hormonally deranged part of my life.  Maybe we can get my husband out from behind the sofa, and let him have a laugh too.

No comments:

Post a Comment