If you're a woman, read this blog.

If you're a woman, read this blog. If you're married to a woman, read this blog. If you need a good laugh (especially if you're a woman) read this blog, which regards a mixture of my own personal drama, my adventures within the kitchen, and my love for photography.

Saturday, April 14, 2012

Color.

Today was a very big day for this pregnant nester.  Today we painted the accent wall in the nursery!!!
It took a while to choose colors, but eventually we made up our minds.... sort of.  We just decided to pick ALL of our favorites!



Colors are just so delicious.  We looked around the room and picked our favorite items, my dandelion wall art I created some time ago, some picture frames, and the blankets I've been crocheting for the baby (on my morning sick days), and then we used those items to pick matching shades.



Of course, before we did anything, I had to come up with a plan!  That's where my love of Prismacolor came into play.  We looked up the paint samples from Lowe's and figured out how much paint we would need.  Each sample is only $3, so this was proving to be a plan to fit our budget!  Hooray!




From the sketch we figured out how many squares we wanted.  I left my number-savvy husband to figure out the measurements, and then we taped off the squares!  This went super fast with two people.



These paint colors were so delicious I could just eat them!




Indiana kept us company during the whole painting party.



After the proper amounts of coat, the wall was almost finished!




And here's the final product!  We spent $28.00 at Lowe's, 45 minutes of prep, and just about two hours painting, and now we have a SUPER fun accent wall.  We can't help but smile every time we go into this room now!  A little bit of time and COLOR can do SO MUCH for a room!  My strongest word of advice to ANYONE wanting to bring some life into a room: DO NOT BE AFRAID OF COLOR!



No comments:

Post a Comment