If you're a woman, read this blog.

If you're a woman, read this blog. If you're married to a woman, read this blog. If you need a good laugh (especially if you're a woman) read this blog, which regards a mixture of my own personal drama, my adventures within the kitchen, and my love for photography.

Monday, April 25, 2011

Nest Egg Spring Cookies

If you are lucky, you had a fabulous Easter holiday.  If you're smart you commemorated Christ with respect and reverence.  If you are healthy, you gorged yourself on goodies.  Oh, and if you're totally wise, you stocked up on mini Cadbury eggs before they all sold out this morning at half-price (I'm totally hitting that up later).
I bring up the need for Cadbury eggs, because this Easter, I came up with the most darling Nest Egg Cookie recipe.  I stocked up on mini eggs because it was SO GOOD I'm going to have to make more.

I have babies on the brain.


(By the way: revel in this moment when I get girly, and my satirical-writer-ego sits in wait.)

So these cookies were super duper easy to make, and totally cute and good.  (Unfortunately, I find that the cuter something is, the less good it is. Fondant. Point proven.)  These are super yummy.

Ingredients:
Oatmeal Chocolate Chip cookie mix (Or plain Chocolate Chip mix)
Oil or Butter
Eggs
Sweetened coconut
Cadbury mini eggs
Mini muffin pan

Super Simple Execution:
1.  Follow regular instructions on cookie mix package to make cookie dough.
2.  Grease mini muffin pan (unless non-stick).
3.  Roll dough into balls just smaller than 1 tbsp.  They should fill the mini muffin pan cups halfway.
4.  Roll dough balls in coconut, making sure to coat evenly, and thoroughly.
5.  Place coconut-covered dough into mini muffin pan cups.  If desired, press a tiny bit of coconut onto top of dough, for extra texture.
6.  Press a finger print into the center of each cookie.
7.  Bake cookies at 375˚ for 5 minutes, or until coconut is golden.
8.  Remove from oven, and immediately press Cadbury mini eggs into cookie centers.  Press in rather deep, otherwise eggs will fall out of the nests when cooled.  This step must be done quickly.  I made my husband help.  Alternate use of one or two eggs for variety.
9.  Let cool.
10.  Share.  If you want to.

No comments:

Post a Comment