If you're a woman, read this blog.

If you're a woman, read this blog. If you're married to a woman, read this blog. If you need a good laugh (especially if you're a woman) read this blog, which regards a mixture of my own personal drama, my adventures within the kitchen, and my love for photography.

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Black Beans and Rice

MMHM! You guessed it! This sweet, creative blog has just been transformed into the typical recipe blog.  Don't read it if you don't want to.  I'm doing it for my own brain.  I've got to remember the stuff I've invented in my natural realm, the kitchen.  I sure do flourish in there.  Maybe that was the start of my waistline problem...

So today I made a huge batch of Brown Rice.  I made two cups (plus water, expanded, blahdy blahdy makes so many cups of rice, who knew?) so that I'll have some in the fridge for the next few days.  Then I rinsed a can of corn, diced half a green bell pepper and one teensy tomato, grated two carrots, and pinched apart a few tiny bunches of cilantro.  I heated up a can of black beans, submerged in some of the juice.  Plating goes like this: Brown Rice, Lime Juice, Salsa, Veggies, Black Beans, Lime Juice, and a little slosh of Balsamic Vinaigrette, but we all know it ends up the same place, so plate as you will.

Eat it.  It's good.

No comments:

Post a Comment