If you're a woman, read this blog.

If you're a woman, read this blog. If you're married to a woman, read this blog. If you need a good laugh (especially if you're a woman) read this blog, which regards a mixture of my own personal drama, my adventures within the kitchen, and my love for photography.

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Eight.

For my photos of the day I have to show off some of the super fun interior design I've been creating in my new house!  These first two images are of my "Super sweet, New York loft art," as Brittney Vega put it.  After three grueling (but wonderful) hours of shopping at Ikea, I found myself with two and a half yards of this incredible dandelion fabric, and not much of a clue of what I was going to do with it.  It just so happened that my mother in law had a frame she had made during her art studies at the U of A.  So I stole it.  I used a staple gun, and in about an hour I had this clean, beautiful, modern piece of art.  But what use is a piece of art if there's no matching accents around the room?  So I chopped up the left over yard of fabric into rectangles, sewed up the edges, and after two bags of stuffing, I had a super cute (and comfy) accent!





My other super fun project in in our bedroom (please ignore the junk on the tables, and the messy bed!).  I bought these various different picture frames at Dollar Tree.  I ripped out the back board and glass, and spray painted them red!  The right shade of red took a couple of tries to find, but thanks to the many choices at Lowe's I was able to find one that gave the perfect pop of color.  I love the way the picture frames all together look like an art installation, rather than separate pieces, and up close they are pretty interesting to look at!

 To decorate in an inexpensive way, when I have an inspiration, I make it a point to stop at Ross often.  It a very good place to find exactly what a room needs.  I found the wall clock for $13.99, and the white vase for $7.99.  I'm still looking for the perfectly red flower to put a pop of color in the vase.


As for the artsy fartsy photography bit, I thought these two photos were sloppily composed, but still fun! This room may have photographic potential very soon.

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE your decorating!!!! maybe you can come decorate for me some day... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Bethany! I would love to help you decorate! I'll shop with your money (sounds like SO much fun!) and then we'll make your place glamorous!

    ReplyDelete